Explore Scientific 4K Planetary & Deep Sky Astro Camera & Guider 8,3 MP
Imposto incluído. Envio calculado na finalização da compra.
Enter the world of astrophotography now - with the new EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC 4K Planetary & Deep-Sky Astro Camera including ST4 autoguider function.
This is truly new: Equipped with the new high-sensitive SONY IMX485 Exmor CMOS color sensor, this astronomy camera delivers amazing image results with extremely short exposure times even with basic telescope equipment. In addition, this ultra-modern camera can also be used as an autoguider, e.g. to actively track the main imaging device with an SLR or CCD astro camera. An all-round camera that not only delivers super-sharp and high-resolution planetary images, but can also be used especially well for capturing low-light deep-sky celestial objects such as galaxies, nebulae and star clusters. The high 4K resolution of 3840x2160 pixels guarantees the best possible image result.
The secret to the high light sensitivity is SONY's new back illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor. It increases the quantum efficiency to up to 77 % at 533 nm, which leads to an extremely high light sensitivity and thus particularly bright and high-contrast photos. In addition, the particularly low noise level of this new CMOS sensor generation by SONY ensures exceptionally high brilliance and no active cooling is required. Nevertheless, this astro camera has an elaborate internal structure made of aluminum for ideal heat radiation and a fan that can be switched on via software. When used with suitable telescopes, the high native pixel resolution of 3840x2160 enables very nice overview images of the moon, but also detailed planetary images.
The included Explore-Capture professional software offers not only the necessary basic functions for image and video capture, but additionally many helpful special functions for image post-processing and for setting up the guider. Functions such as live image display, exposure settings, white balance, dark image capture, stacking, timelapse recording and much more can be configured individually. Especially the very sophisticated software makes it really easy for you to get started in astrophotography. With the automatic settings you can produce absolutely presentable results without a lot of prior knowledge. If you like, simply switch off the automatic settings and gradually venture into the individual professional settings.
Automatic tracking control
Connect the camera directly to the ST4 port of your telescope mount and you have a fully automatic tracking control. Thus, long exposures of several minutes are possible without the stars producing unwanted star traces due to the always existing periodic error of the telescope mount gears. A corresponding ST-4 connection cable is even included with the camera. Because of the high light sensitivity of the camera, you will always find a suitable guide star even with very short exposure times. Simple automatic tracking at its best.
For the connection to telescopes, guiding scopes or off-axis guiders the camera has a 1.25'' socket with 1.25'' filter thread (M28.5x0.6) and a large T2 connection thread (M42x0.75) directly on the housing.
This is not a stand-alone guider camera. You always need a Windows 10 or 11 computer to take pictures and for autoguiding.
The autoguider software is not included. You can use PHD2 Guiding, GuideDog, Metaguide, Guidemaster (freeware) or AstroArt, MaxIm DL (paid).
DOWNLOAD PHD2-Guiding: https://openphdguiding.org/
DOWNLOAD GuideDog: http://barkosoftware.com/GuideDog/index.html
DOWNLOAD latest camera software and drivers see download folder "Manuals" or here: http://www.touptek.com/download/showdownload.php?lang=en&id=2
Sample photos made by Lóránd Fényes in Hungary: https://fenyeslorand.hu/explore_scientific_4k_review/
- High light-sensitive USB 3.0 all-round 4K color camera
- Suitable for taking pictures of planets, deep-sky objects
- Integrated ST4 guiding function
- Allows very short exposure times for super-sharp planetary images
- Camera type: EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC G3CMOS08300KPA color
- Image sensor: NEW Sony IMX485 Exmor CMOS color sensor, back illuminated
- Data output: still images and video
- Image and video format output: 3840 x 2160 (4K) & 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) pixels
- Framerate: up to 43 and 66 FPS (for video)
- Physical sensor size in pixels: 3840 x 2160 (4K)
- Possible exposure times: 0.1 ms to 60 min
- Binning: Yes, 1x1 and 2x2
- Megapixel: 8.3 MP
- Sensor size: 11.14 x 6.26 mm
- Image diagonal: 12.86 mm
- Pixel size: 2.9 µm x 2.9 µm
- Bit depth: 8/12 bits, switchable
- ST-4 compatible autoguider: Yes
- CNC machined aluminum housing
- Camera connection diameter: 1,25'' ( 31,7 mm)
- Camera connection thread: T2 thread (M42x0,75 mm) and 1,25'' filter thread
- Camera connection to PC: USB 3.0
- Required backfocus: 17,5 mm
- Shutter type: Global shutter
- Heat radiation via built-in fan (switchable via software)
- Operating temperature: -10 to +50 °C (30-80 % RLH)
- Cable length USB 3.0: 150 cm
- Camera diameter: 68 mm; length: 85 mm
- Camera weight: 0,3 kg
- Software: EXPLORE Capture included
- Camera driver and ASCOM driver and SDK included
- PC requirements: CPU Intel Core2 2.8Ghz or higher / 2 GB Ram / USB 3.0
- Operating system: WINDOWS 10 + 11
Field of view for different focal lengths in minutes of arc:
400 mm - 95.6' x 53.8'
500 mm - 76.5' x 43.0'
600 mm - 63.7' x 35.8'
700 mm - 54.6' x 30.7'
800 mm - 47.8' x 26.9'
900 mm - 42.5' x 23.9'
1000 mm - 38.2' x 21.5'
1250 mm - 30,6' x 17,2'
1500 mm - 25.5' x 14.3'
1750 mm - 21,8' x 12,3'
2000 mm - 19,1' x 10,8'
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- 4K Planetary & Deep-Sky Astro Camera & Guider 8.3 MP
- 1.25 inch (31,7 mm) plug-in adapter with filter thread
- USB 3.0 connection cable 150 cm
- Control cable for ST-4 autoguider function 150 cm
- Dust cap for camera opening
- Software CD
- Instruction manual
|GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA|
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Total length||85 mm|
|Total width||68 mm|
|Total height||68 mm|
|Net weight (without access.)||300 g|