Meade Polaris 130mm EQ Reflector Telescope
The Meade Polaris 130mm EQ Reflector Telescope is a high-aperture telescope perfect for studying deep-sky objects. This model is a reflecting telescope, which gives a bright image, completely free of chromatic aberrations. With Meade Polaris 130mm, you can see double stars with a separation of 1” and more, faint asteroids and comets, a lot of star clusters, nebulae and galaxies.
The kit includes three eyepieces and a Barlow lens. The Red Dot finder allows you to quickly find an astronomical object you are interested in. For easy orientation on the starry sky, it is recommended to use a special Planetarium software (included the kit).
The optical tube is mounted on a reinforced German Equatorial mount, which allows you to easily follow the diurnal movement of celestial bodies. Slow motion controls allow the telescope to move smoothly, without jerking. For maximally precise movement of the tube, it is possible to supplement the mounting with motor drives. The sturdy stainless steel tripod provides stable position of the instrument during observations.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 130mm (5.1”) reflecting telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing celestial objects.
- Features a larger stable equatorial mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or deep-sky).
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||101.09x46.74x20.32|
|Shipping Weight, kg||16.03|
|Primary mirror diameter (aperture), mm||130.0|
|Focal length, mm||650|
|Slow-motion controls||along both axes|
|User level||experienced users, beginners|
|Observed object||deep-sky objects|