Meade Infinity 80mm Refractor Telescope
The Meade Infinity 80mm AZ Refractor Telescope is a compact short-focus telescope for observations of the Solar system objects. With its help, you can see the phases of Mercury and Venus, Cassini division, satellites of Saturn, the Great Red Spot of Jupiter and many other astronomical objects. The telescope can be used for terrestrial observations as well. High-quality optical elements give you a very bright, sharp, and contrast views.
This model comes with three eyepieces. Start observations with a long focal length one as it has the widest field of view. To obtain larger magnification, use eyepieces with shorter focal lengths. Moreover, the kit includes a Barlow lens. The Red Dot finderscope ensures easy navigation. Planetarium software helps you get acquainted with the night sky.
The tube is installed on an alt-azimuth mount, which is very easy to use and won’t bring any difficulties to beginners. Slow motion controls allow for smooth movement of the device.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 80mm (3.2”) Refracting telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing both land and celestial objects.
- Features a precision Altazimuth mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land).
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||89.66x42.67x23.11|
|Shipping Weight, kg||8.4|
|Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm||80.0|
|Focal length, mm||400|
|Slow-motion controls||along both axes|
|User level||beginners, for children|
|Observed object||terrestrial objects, planets of the Solar System|